Costing Method 365 for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
Costing Method 365 is a special solution that allows you to change the stock issue method retrospectively. This is also possible during operation and without any loss of data.
Solution scenarios with Costing Method 365
Subsequent conversion of the stock issue method
Was the wrong stock issue method chosen when the item was created? Do you want to convert your products to third-party production and need to change the stock issue method flexibly? With Costing Method 365, you subsequently change the stock issue method upon which the valuation is based for items that have already been posted.
Changing the ‘fixed’ unit cost and changing the ‘serial number range’
Do you want to set a new ‘fixed’ unit cost due to organisational requirements and change the batches or lot number groups even though they still have stock with the old information? Adjust your inventory – quick and easy.
Quick change without data loss
Once set up, the stock issue method information, as well as the item tracking code and base unit code, is saved in the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central application. When you post item movements, the system always uses this item information as a basis. Different stock issue methods that access the same basic data can generate widely differing costs and inventory values.
- Change stock issue method
- Value flow strategy entries
- Can be changed automatically or manually
Fast help with use cases
If the valuation basis (LIFO, FIFO, average, …) is incorrectly assigned during setup, cost and inventory values may not be calculated as you desire. With Costing Method 365 you can remedy this and change the calculation method for the future as of the effective date.
Pricing models & trial version
System requirements / product availability
|NAV 2009R2 – NAV2018||BC13 und BC14||BC15||BC 16.1 – BC23||BC SaaS|
|Costing Method 365||–|
Webinars for Costing Method 365
You can find all information about Costing Method 365 in our factsheet
All features in detail
- you can change the stock issue method without losing historical information.
- thanks to the value flow batch items, you can always see at which point in the value flow changes have been made for which items.
- make changes in the same way you are used to from Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central, via proposals that you have had filled in automatically or filled in manually yourself.
- define new standard costs
- comprehensively change your stock issue methods without special knowledge through batch processing